2010年10月30日土曜日

Medical textbooks for physical examination

I want to introduce some Medical textbooks for physical examination.

Recently, many laboratory test is developing and improving. Therefore, almost medical staff is depend to the test. We tend to become weak to get physical examination.

One of my mentors, Dr. Y.T. thinks great deal of physical exam.

1.Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 10th edition is good textbooks for beginning to study physical exam. I've already read it in original text. This is good for medical student and nurse. In amazon web site, we can make reservation 11th edition which will be publishing 2011.

2.Textbook of Physical Diagnosis with DVD: History and Examination With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
I'll buy and read this in the near future.

3.Sapira's Art and Science of Bedside Diagnosis
When you want to study physical exam more. You should read this. Dr. Y.T. told me that it is difficult to understand the whole content. Actually I don't buy, but want to read this some day.

Yesterday, I tried to do case conference in web.
This is because from April 2011, we will start our junior resident program in different hospitals, so it is better to make system sharing our experience and learning each other.
We need to improve more, but I see massive potential in Web conference.

Typhoon is coming near to Kanto area. It is better to stay home in this weekend.