2011年1月26日水曜日

CS mock interview parctice

Today, I practiced a case of step2 CS in skype.
Today's case was a mock patient who came to clinic because of abnormal result in health fair.

I missed check his physical exams to suspect heart problems. In this case, he has high blood pressure, hyperlipidemia, family history of heart diseases. Based on these, I should check his JVP and pulse.

I've not had enough time to ask CAGE questionnaire.
These questions are useful to screening alcohol dependence.

Time limitation is severe. I should pick up what I ask, and control 15 minutes. Of course, it is ideal to ask all questions. From patients' information, we should change our differential diagnoses, and change our questions to detect diseases. While do that, we also pay attention to patient's concern and personal problems.
Medical interview is difficult to do well.

Failure is good experience. Through failure, I can learn. Before taking real exams, I fail a lot, and learn a lot.