2011年1月6日木曜日

OJT in Mito

On 3rd January, I visited a hospital in Mito to attend OJT.
The day was just final day of new year. So many patients visited the hospitals, and it means the day was busy.

When you hear crackles on auscultation, check the diaphragm of your stethoscope fitted firmly.
It is difficult to touch the diaphragm to skin firmly, especially skin is wet. Some young doctors and students confuse to the sound as crackle.

To predict the sign of physical exam and the result of workup is most important for physician. However, when it is difficult for young doctors and students, because they don't have enough experiences to do that. All the more reason to do that consciously.

I think this was last time to attend OJT in this hospital. It was my first time to visit there on 4th January 2010. After that, I visited there so frequently. To be a honest, I cannot count how often visit there. There was most educational hospital for medical students and young doctors. I hope I will visit again to return the favor some day.