2010年12月12日日曜日

Meet the Expert

Yesterday I attended one study group meeting. They invited two Infectious disease Experts.

Logic of Infectious diseases
A teacher of the first session was Dr. O.
I've attend his other teaching session previously. Yesterday's one was for medical students. It was first time for me to see his frankly talking. I could find new side for him.

In clinical medicine, there are two aspect, art and science. Sometimes we don't do our best to explain logically, just escape to use "experience", "sense", or "art".
We should try to explain those things logically to explain others.

He taught us to know "natural course" of diseases. It is difficult to study narrative story of diseases only from reading medical textbooks. Some experiences are useful to study more vividly.

Gram stain for medical students
The second session was Dr. H. He knows well for laboratory of microbiology.

He showed so many photos of gram stain. It was good training to learn morphology.

In my impression, he answered all questions from students in a polite way. I thought I would be like him to cope with every case and every clinical question carefully.

Yesterday, I could separate from multiple-choice style study. It was good refreshment for me.
Next week, I will study for our final graduation exam.