2010年12月15日水曜日

What are in your pocket ?

Some doctors call the pocket of their white coat "peripheral brain." It means that what bring in your pocket is important as your brain.

Stethoscope, Hammer
These are essential tools for physical exam.

Tongue depressor, Ruler, Pen light
These are useful when I measure the height of jugular vein distention.

Electronic dictionary, iphone
Of course, iphone can be used as dictionary. However, some doctors or patients don't want to use iphone in a hospital. In this situation, I use my electronic dictionary. When we just look for words, electronic dictionary is more quick.

MGH Pocket Medicine
There is MGH Pocket Medicine for iphone. When I buy new version, I'll choose that one.

The Sanford guide to antimicrobial therapy
Sanford always helps us to choose antibiotics. But there is pitfall for using this. We should think local factors. Don't believe it blindly, use it cleverly.

Small notebook

I plan to use a waist pouch for my residency.
I'll bring the following items: water, wallet, ophthalmofundoscope / otoscope, and tourniquet.