2010年12月31日金曜日

OJT

Today I attended on the job training in a hospital.

My attending doctor has high quality funduscope and otoscope. One of my friends also brought a good stethoscope. I tried to use them. This was my first time to watch fundus oculi so clear. Those equipments are expensive, but after using them and knowing the quality I want to buy them.
One of my mentors told young doctors that we should use funduscope and otoscope the beginning of training. When we used to check fundus and tympanic membrane from first, we always do that through our whole life-long work.

It is difficult for patients to change their life-style or action only from brief time of meeting with a doctor. We should approach more efficiently. For example, one of another mentors approach patients by handing in a paper which mentions about what he want them to do. I think it is good, because just only speaking people forget easily. But there is a paper, they can remind it.