2010年12月9日木曜日

Meeting with a professor

Today, I and my friends met a professor who understands activities of medical students. We told career plan of doctor.

Medical students tend to choose program of municipal hospitals as junior residents. The professor also did so.

Clinical research is also useful for clinician to know how to use evidence-based medicine. The research is best training for clinician to study critical appraisal.

He also advised us that the career of doctors are long, and that there is no hospital which is perfect for learning every aspects of medicine. Therefore, we should fill in gaps.

He had a memo in which his clinical questions is written. I will follow his example. I admired his attitude that he tries to pick up clinical questions.

The most impression word for me in today's meeting was "My career after two years will be decided by me after two years."