2009年6月10日水曜日

Between Pharmaceutical Companies and Physicians

Time for the Medical Profession to Act
~New Policies Needed Now on Interactuinos Between Pharmaceutical Companies and Physicians~
Arch Intern med/Vol 169(No. 9) May 11, 2009 pp829-831

In US, there already are discussions to how distance is proper between doctor and pharmaceurical companies. On the other hands, in Japan, some hospitals which have concern for these vias restirct contact with the companies, but most hospitals still keep these contact.
It is still unclear how much profit pharmaceurical companies give the process of making guidline or paper in Japan. Therefore reader cannot know the vias.

Firstly, I will remove all small gifts around myself, when I become a doctor. However, after reading this article, I should act now. I will remove them when I have a time.