2010年5月2日日曜日

From Gaztte


There is like Yoyogi park in Japan. Next to the Olympic stadium, there is huge park.

I've never had a time to read newspaper since the beginning of the last month.
Yesterday it was my first time to buy and read newspaper.

I concerned about the two following articles.

The first one is the title of "Bad medicine."
In the editorial opinion, the author wrote "We have strict rules limiting shift time for pilots and bus drivers; why we are so relaxed about the alertness of medical residents?"
From the side of patients, they want to keep the quality of health care by strict shift time.
How many people know the shift of doctors in Japan?

The second one is "A bonanza for drug makers."
The article point out the problem of DSM (the bible for psychiatry to make a diagnosis).
It made us classified unnecessary psychological diseases. Doctors prescribe more medication. It means drug company earn more.

The quality of articles in newspaper is easily above the Japanese one, which only introduce from other famous newspaper.
Japanese media make so much fuss about an article which called Japanese prime minister "loopy."
Someone said that "the foreign media make us understand essence of the problem, but Japanese media make us get the puzzle"

In my impression, Quebec is under the British influence. They tend to quote British medical journal, like BMJ or Lancet.

I'm looking forward to watch Totem tomorrow. Of course, my seat is the cheapest one.


Yesterday, in my final presentation, I read out "12" as "twenteen." I paid all my attention for the content of the presentation, so I missed to find my mistake of pronunciation.