2010年4月15日木曜日

day 7

Today, I took a new consult for ID. The consulting reason was splenomegaly. The patient was aspirated from splenic absess.
For my plan, we suggest cardiac echo, blood culture 3 set, and after that, antibiotics.
Our boss added those pulse repeat HIV antibody test. My plan was almost in the same direction.
In this country, we can see drug abuser and HIV more frequently.

We took antibiotic lecture from our boss.
We were gave a sheet about antibiotic and bacteria.
I don't know about broad-spectrum antibiotics. It was useful for me.

We don't have any evidence for duration for antibiotic therapy.
We don't have absolutely safe antibiotics for pregnant women, but also have few absolutely danger antibiotics for them. Cephalosporin and macrolide are relatively safe for pregnant women.
Nephrotoxicity of vancomycin and aminoglycoside are past side effect.

I love to listen those clinical tips from our boss.

I didn't have enough time to eat lunch.
So, this afternoon was so hungry for me.

After clinical training, I tried to go to cafeteria in M University.
We usually eat lunch at a cafeteria in hospital. So, today was first time for me to go to University cafeteria.
It was directly connect with University library. Student can just eat, and go back to library immediately.
University library was still crowded.