2010年4月23日金曜日

day13




It is difficult for me to discuss with other staff.
This is because there are some time lag to translate to English. When I completed translation, the discussion go a head.
For example, I previously heard that there were some cases that the vancomycin from mouth can increase the blood concentration of it, when the patient have inflammation of intestine. This mechanism is not unclear, but maybe the permeability of intestine increases by inflammation.
Therefore, I wanted to discuss that, and I thought metronidazole was better. Of course, I couldn't discuss well.

I tried to think in English. There were absolutely no Japanese speaker. I sometimes speak Japanese unconsciously.
"そういえば、do you know when is the next meeting?" (I wanted to say "Anyway, do you know------?")
"clavulanic 酸" (I wanted to say "clavulanic acid")
I can understand one of Japanese comedians, Roux Osiba (I'm not sure this is correct spell or not).

I'm frustrated when I cannot speak what I want to.
I tried to speak just simply, not to talk long sentence or complex content.

The following issues are the tips I studied recently.
The most frequent symptom in brain abscess is headache.
When we find Enterbactor in the blood, we should consider imipenem or cipro.
It is better to prescribe cephalosporin(2nd generation) for throat infection of GAS than Penicillin G. This is because some other bacteria on the throat have Beta-lactamase.
When we find sepsis of GNR or bactermia, we have to start antibiotics as soon as possible.
The greatest risk factor to become systemic infection of Candida parapsilosis is TPN(Total Parenteral Nutrition).