2010年4月21日水曜日

day10




This photo is apples. I bought them only $3!
I'll eat these apples everyday until I go back to Japan.

Today, I studied in ID(Infectious Diseases) clinic.
There were a lot of variety, so it was fun for me.
For example, how to manage late latent syphilis, HBe-antigen negative patient, or Salmonella diarrhea.
One of patients came from African country, where I heard the name first time.
When a doctor takes a sexual history(it is most important information in ID), he/she asks it more straightly than our country.

Every Monday, ID doctors in RVH(RV Hospital) gather and share interesting cases.
I didn't know that Nisseria ghonorrhea cannot detect by PCR(Polymerase Chain Reaction) in female urine specimen. The oldest doctor told that in the meeting, and everyone didn't believe it. Lately, I tried to study in UpToDate(one of the famous Internet medical textbooks in the world). According to it, it is true!!
As the differential diagnosis, they pointed out RMSF(Rockey Mountain Spotted Fever). Like Histoplasma or Lyme disease, of course, I've never seen them. But when those diseases were putted in the differential diagnosis, I'm excited to see them someday.
All attending doctors enjoyed the discussion from the heart.

We got consultations about suspicious cat-scratch disease. Her symptom was typical, so this case is easy to diagnose. However, when cat-scratch disease is atypical symptom, it was so difficult to put it in the diagnosis. It is one of the causes of FUO(Fever Of Unknown causes).

Before we could use penicillin, shaving was a life-threaten behavior. When we give us a clean shave, we also get a lot of small scar. From the portal of entry, we have a risk of cellulitis. That time, cellulitis was a fatal disease (the mortality is over 50%)!
Therefore, in London, male police officers were most likely to death by cellulitis.
Penicillin is one of most great products of chance in the world.

Anyway, my Electives Program in here remains only 9 days.
I enjoy this program, and I'm looking forward to attend next Electives Program in Bangladesh!!