2010年4月17日土曜日

day 8

Every Tuesday, all infectious diseases doctors gather one place (the place is rotated every week, last week is MGH)in Montreal.
Today, we went to Jewish medical hospital in Montreal. In the hospital, half medical staff are Jewish.
This week's cases were invasive fungus and sarcoidosis. Both were not familiar for me, therefore discussion was difficult to understand.
I knew that Jewish society put in a little specific position in Western countries.

In Canada, there are few CA-MRSA(Community-acquired MRSA), 2,3 cases in a year.

Almost all system in Canadian hospital is same as in Japan. There are some difference.
In Canada, maybe the U.S.(in the drama 'ER') they use pager, not cellur phone.
Our boss told me that pager is better than cellur phone, because staff can control their time.

I tried to get my pager to contact other staff quickly.
Today, I called telecommunication center three times to get it.
But, there were some mistakes in my procedure.
In Japan, temporary medical student cannot get account for Hospital system and cellar phone.
In Canada, we can get it. Of course, we should ask to get those. There are more staff to support doctor and nurse, so medical staff can work efficiently.

Today, we received consult about Nisseria gonorrhea (not meningioccoi) meningitis.
Of course, it was first for me.

We can positively said Canada is tolerant, and can negatively said it is rough.
Almost Canadian people tend to be friendly.
Canada is melting pot.
For example, our team consists of Mexican, Omani, Jewish, Canadian, and Japanese.

Tomorrow is just half of my Elective program here.